Translate

Sunday, July 1, 2012

ON BEING A CHICKEN


I've been spending my time with my Friend Marma...she's a chicken.  I've had her since she was about a week or two old and now she is about 5 weeks.  At first she was just real snaggly, she liked to snuggle up with me and be held and make her little chirpy noises...but just in the past few days...she has really started to just "be" a chicken.  

She scratches at the ground and picks up bugs and there is an intelligence in her ... she doesn't have to think about what she is.  She doesn't pick up a book on how to be a chicken...she is a chicken...she is also intelligence and aliveness...she has brought so much joy to my days and nights.

And today I got to thinking...how is it that we don't know...that we Know how to be who we are.  Like we are always trying to fix ourselves without spending the time to just watch and see what/who we are.  Marma doesn't think to herself...oh I better peck faster today cause yesterday I didn't do enough pecking so I better make up for it today...she just pecks...she just sleeps when she is tired and eats when she is hungry.

She is not hard on herself for doing anything that she does and she doesn't praise herself for anything that she does either...she is not concerned about life or death....unless something is threatening her life...then she runs under my feet and I protect her.

You are as perfect a human as Marma is a chicken.  All your doing and fixing takes you away from who you are...who you are... takes care of itself.  Relax the grip and check it out.

No comments: