Translate

Friday, May 11, 2012

myTeacher


You may hear me from time to time...mention myTeacher.  It is a way for me to share where I have been pointed as myTeacher has continuously pointed me, in a sense, back into mySelf.  He unerringly points to where everything arises from.  And he has had a tough road with me.

The picture above is a really good depiction of what it is like to have a Teacher.  A Teacher is a bright light in your life and you are drawn to that One in way that looks completely irrational to the world.  It is not dependent on where you live or what you do or what you can give...it comes from the inside even when it looks like the Teacher is outside of you...and that is where the Teacher is pointing.  A True Teacher knows you better than you know yourself because they know who they Are.  And it will not be an easy trail to walk...but you won't care and you may sometimes find yourself afraid and yet running towards what you fear.  That is the way with a Teacher.  Ultimately you come to find that the Teacher is in you and this can be frightening at first because you will wonder how they know what you know...can they read your mind ... what will they do with the control that they have...all those thoughts may appear...but you will Know...somehow you will Know that they are You...not in a way that you can understand intellectually.  But since you will begin to know yourSelf through knowing them. 

I just came across another Poem by Rumi...who has been such a Gift in this life for me and again thanks to Coleman Barks for his dedication to getting the writings transcribed):


"On Resurrection Day your body testifies against you.
Your hand says, 'I stole money.'
Your lips, 'I said meanness.'
Your feet, 'I went where I shouldn't.'
Your genitals, 'Me Too.'

They will make your praying sound hypocritical
Let the body's doings speak openly now,
without your saying a word,
as a student's walking behind a teacher
says, "This one knows more clearly
than I the way."
  ~Rumi


The Teacher may have a swift sword but is also infinitely kind.

Namaste.





Find more writings of this domain at:


End of The Search
One A Day Spiritual Vitmains
Nothing To Learn

No comments: