Translate

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Journaling...


There's been quite alot coming up today...I'll get it written down as it comes...I was thinking about journaling.  I have done it pretty much all my life in one way or another...I've always loved to write and I also love the intimacy I have felt when writing to myself.  I used to write in code when I was younger so that no one would figure it out and I could say what I truly felt about anything.  My earliest journal that I have kept is from when I was 15 years old...so it's kind of nice to have it to go back to and if you have children then I would suggest you suggesting to them to journal.

So what brought this up was...last month I was feeling pretty low and I popped open a journal from like 1999 to 2004 and just sat up real late reading it and I was shocked...there was a time that I just sort of free flowed writing...if you are familiar with Neale Donald Walsh (he wrote the Conversations with God series) I was reading him back in the early 2000s cause he was saying at the time the same things that were (or similar) coming through my "Talks" with myself...I would write a question and then the answer would just be there.  Well what a treat to read what was written back then...now ... it made me realize there is no "time" (which I have another post brewing on that thought).  I really got to see that I have always been taken care of ... in fact there is no "I" to take care of and what I was reading reiterated that and pointed me back to what is beyond and before the thought "I."

So if you feel like unlearning ... to who you Are.  Grab a pad, go some place quiet, maybe lite a candle and some incense to warm you up and just write whatever comes up...you can even do it on the computer but I would recommend that you sit with a journal without electronics and just let your hand write what it would like to share...sort of like "Hugo" if you have seen the movie...it's like your hand is just waiting for the key (pen) to share everything with you.  You don't ever have to share it with anyone, although someday you might want to...who knows ;o)

One of the first real questions that began the unduing of who I think I am ... was writting down the question, "Who am I?" and watching as it was all taken away...everything that I thought I was...because anything that I thought I was...could be taken away.

  ~Joysters

No comments: